cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Family Table Components Missing

CarlosCaseras
7-Bedrock

Family Table Components Missing

Hello,

I'm trying to manage two assemblies by means of a Family Table instances.

One of this instances has some sub-assemblies removed (driven by the Family Table) and the problem I'm detecting is that several other components (fastenings mainly) are also being removed.

I assume that in spite of having those sub-assys removed, the geometrical references for further componets remain valid right?

I'm using Creo 4

Thanks in advance,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

check references used for assembling fastenings. If they belong to sub-assembly suppressed in family table instance then Creo supresses fastenings with their parents. You have to remove this parent-child relationship.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

check references used for assembling fastenings. If they belong to sub-assembly suppressed in family table instance then Creo supresses fastenings with their parents. You have to remove this parent-child relationship.

Martin Hanák

As Martin mentioned.

If you have any constraints pointing to any component that is removed, Creo doesn't know what to do, so it removes them as well since it cannot define where the component needs to be placed.

Top Tags