cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Creating a PVZ with 2d PDF attached from a native Creo file.

Mitul1203
4-Participant

Creating a PVZ with 2d PDF attached from a native Creo file.

Is there an easy way to take a Creo model (fully annotated with view states identified) and convert it to a PVZ with a 2D PDF attached to that PVZ?  The idea is to be able to give someone the PVZ file, but for them to also have access to the traditional 2D drawing for reference.

2 REPLIES 2
BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:Mitul1203)

This is where you could leverage the Windchill WTPart functionality or use the windchill publisher to create the PVZ and attach additional files.  (I have the step file shown below...don't know if the windchill publishers can generate 2d pdf the same way though.)  I'm sure I'm not fully understanding your question...but what I've mentioned are two ways to "link" the data together.  

BillRyan_0-1697654751006.png

Mitul1203
4-Participant
(To:BillRyan)

WTPart will require WC, I understand that.  does WC Publisher require WC also?

To clarify my question, When I say link, I mean have the 2D file embedded in the PVZ file.  Is that possible?  My group is also exploring options to create packages and include the 2D file with the PVZ and any other info a manufacturer would need.

Top Tags