cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Faster way to open drawing of a part or assembly

SEEBO
6-Contributor

Faster way to open drawing of a part or assembly

Hello,

I am using creo elements/direct modeling version 20.6. I have noticed that it's still not possible to open a drawing straight from the model tree. Would it be possible to write a script or custom command to do this? Because now you have to go to the masterdata first and find the drawing there. 

Other solutions for this problem are also welcome.

Kind regards.

Siebe

2 REPLIES 2

Hi SV_7256125,

Thank you for your question. 
I’d like to recommend to bring more details and context to your initial inquiry

It also helps to have screenshot(s) to better understand what you are trying to do in your process. 

This will increase your chances to receive meaningful help from other Community members. 

Regards,

Community Moderation Team

SEEBO
6-Contributor
(To:vnamboodheri)

Hello,

I will try and explain what i want to do. I used to work with autodesk inventor. In that software i could right click on a part/assembly in de model tree (see screenshot) and click "open drawing" and it would open the drawing that was linked with that part/assembly. I would like something like this for creo elements/direct (if it is possible though) either with a custom command or macro or something. The way we do it now is get the masterdata from that part and open the drawing from there. I could save a decent amount of clicks if i could open the drawing directly from the model tree.

I hope this is a bit more clear as to what i wanna do.

Kind Regards

SEEBO

SEEBO_1-1705564113713.png

Top Tags