cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Security Labels and Desktop Tools Integration

rleir
17-Peridot

Security Labels and Desktop Tools Integration

Team

According to this Help page below, SL is compatible with DTI.          Too many acronyms!

• SL = Security Labels
  • DTI = Desktop Tools Integration

https://support.ptc.com/help/windchill/r12.1.2.0/en/index.html#page/Windchill_Help_Center/securitylabel/SecurityLabelDTI.html

I have SL configured to pop up a Download Confirmation message window and wait for acknowledgement. However this just works for normal file downloads.  When I set the preference so I am using DTI, there is a blank popup which disappears immediately. 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:rleir)

Hi @rleir 

If you say I have SL configured to popup...  Does it mean a OOTB configuration or customization?

PetrH

rleir
17-Peridot
(To:HelesicPetr)

Petr

It is an OOTB Security Labels config, without the Agreements options.  But any work with Security Labels feels like customization because when you make a mistake Windchill fails to start and you are digging through log files.  I hear that you can get a crash when the acknowledgement window pops up due to an config error. That's just hearsay, apologies.

So you're right, this question technically should not be in the Customization forum!

Maybe I should set the logging level to Info or Debug.  But would I set that system-wide? I want to see what goes wrong when you download via DTI.

Or maybe I should dig in and check if  DTI was  installed correctly.

cheers

rleir
17-Peridot

Specifically, the problem is that when using DTI, there is a blank download ack popup which disappears immediately. 

When not using DTI, just the simple download preference, the download ack popup works correctly.

@HelesicPetr 

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Hi @rleir 

The point is that the DTI file is downloaded directly that is used by DTI. 

I guess that there is a some condition that standard download mechanism is bypassed and it works as you've described.

PetrH

Top Tags