cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Adding user to organization

VH_10947268
5-Regular Member

Adding user to organization

Hi, trying to add a user to an organization. When I go to edit a user's profile, the "find" next to organization is greyed out. I have put then in an organization group but doesn't seem to work. Asking this because I am trying to create a product, but you need to be in an organization to be a creator. REST 2.5 and Windchill 12.1.2.0

5 REPLIES 5

Are you users coming from Active Directory? If so, do you have more than one InfoEngine connector to AD?

VH_10947268
5-Regular Member
(To:jbailey)

Yes users are coming from AD. I'm not sure exactly what InfoEngine does besides knowing that the Administration menu exists in the utilities. In the administration menu I have:
Services: windchill01.namingService, windchill01.rpc, and windchill01.servlet

Adapters: .Ldap, and windchill01.Windchill

Property Sets: (Nothing)

How would I know if I have more than one InfoEngine connected to AD? I really appreciate your response, and I think this might actually be the resolution to my problem. Thanks! 

VH_10947268
5-Regular Member
(To:VH_10947268)

I was messing with my InfoEngine 'Adapters' in the .Ldap because I saw this post: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill/Users-are-not-added-to-organization/td-p/826921 but I didn't have the 'windchill.mapping,usersOrganizationName' so I tried adding it manually. Not sure if this does anything

I have had issues before manually assigning orgs to users from AD. We use that org setting, and it sets to the org (matches to Org Name)

VH_10947268
5-Regular Member
(To:jbailey)

Like you use 'windchill.mapping,usersOrganizationName' and set it to your org name? Right now I have it added and it is set to the org name but no one has that organization set to their profile. Does the user have to be a certain role or something to get that org? Or I also saw that the person in that post had reset their server and cleared cache so maybe that is something I need to do?

Top Tags