cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How to take CheckBox on WTDocument creation page to create WTPart with same information

RS_10128209
10-Marble

How to take CheckBox on WTDocument creation page to create WTPart with same information

RS_10128209_0-1714996880209.png

How to take a checkbox on WTDocument creation page to create WTPart with same information

i.e. The checkbocx is similar to "Keep checked out after checkin" as shown above

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @RS_10128209 

@SWeiler_9940261  is right.

Customization is required for your needs

1. Add a checkbox to the OOTB wizatd

2 Customize OOTB Wizard and add a step for WTPart creation

3. Customize a processor where you need to add a code to create WTPart or link it.

PetrH

A checkbox will do if you want the option to create a part sometimes and not others. I solved this a long time ago with a combination of softtype and a mod to the Create/edit wizard. If it was a certain type of document, I called it General Drawing, then it would automatically have a WTPart created with the same information from the WTDocument. This are hidden steps that call custom processors which key in on that special softtype.  Either way will work but you need something to do the work of creating the part. 

Top Tags