cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Registered User license restrictions

Andy_Admin
8-Gravel

Registered User license restrictions

Hi!

Registered user licenses are for one user.

But what if that user leaves the company or is given a Windchill-less role. Is it ok to give this license to another user?

I know, that license-hopping is definitely not allowed. By license-hopping I mean: today "user a", tomorrow "user b" and after that "user a" again.

Where can I read about that from PTC? 

I can find a document from 2016, but it's 2024 already.

https://support.ptc.com/support/legal-agreements/pdf/Licensing_Basis_Table_Feb16.pdf

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Is this now a duplicate post with your other one?

Yes, I got errors over errors when creating the posts.

Hari_Vara
13-Aquamarine
(To:Andy_Admin)

Hi,

License hopping, as you call it, I assume is the handing over of license of windchill user A to another user B.

Basically, this is possible within the mechanism of license profiles (Starting from WC 11.1 I think).

A user need to be in the license profile to reserve the named user license for him.

If he needs to handover his license, admin should delete his user from the license group  and then add the new user to this license group. I think once added to profile, its usually 24 hours that this action is set. Meaning, after 24 hours you can again remove User B and add back user A.

Also, Each license with a certain number of licenses (as per the company's entitlement based on their purchase), is always to be attached to a License Group , all these are OOTB stuff. The License group is set to a license profile. Users are added to this license group.

If frequent hopping is done , it may be looked upon during any PTC's audit for compliance. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Hari

Top Tags