cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Revision = Latest vs Latest Revision filters in Folder View in MPMLink

BY_10394220
4-Participant

Revision = Latest vs Latest Revision filters in Folder View in MPMLink

When you edit a view in Folder Contents of a product you can customize a view and enter these criteria:

getsfdcimg.png

For context I was having similar issue in this article: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS370354

And the image above was taken from there. Can anyone explain why would I want to set Revision to All and Latest Revision to Yes? Does the first criteria even serve a purpose? When I delete it it doesn't make a difference.

3 REPLIES 3
Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:BY_10394220)

do you have parts in different views Design , Manufacturing, service ...  ?

Fede
BY_10394220
4-Participant
(To:Fadel)

Yes. We need to only display the latest version of manufacturing and design parts. The solution in PTC article wants to set "Revision = All" and "Latest Revision = Yes", which doesn't make sense. 

I also noticed that if you remove all filters, then parts will be displayed correctly - latest versions of each view. This also does not make sense. 

I have noticed that in the PTC article when you set the "Revision = All" and "Latest Revision = Yes" if there are Subfolders they are not visible.  Our current view is set as "Revision = Latest".  If I remove this filter to show all the Service views, will this cause other Folder view issues?

Top Tags