cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

how to use configurable module generate a new item with 3D model in windchill web page?

Sulibo
13-Aquamarine

how to use configurable module generate a new item with 3D model in windchill web page?

Hello, All
Here is my problem:
After I checked in the configurate product 3d model in Creo,
I made some options for the items that I made above in the windchill,
Also in windchill page I used the configurable module to generated a new item with BOM structure,
But this item is not ossociate with any 3D model.
Do you know how to generate a new item with 3D model in windchill web page?
What are the windchill server configuration or license need?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:Sulibo)

Hi @Sulibo 

In my opinion If you need to create variants with 3D model you need to start in Creo with Creo Options Modeler license where the variants were generated.

The description how to propagate the option&variant to 3D is here Article CS195637?

very important is to propagate the configuration to 3D

HelesicPetr_1-1690897164505.png

I may be wrong and someone else can correct me. 

PetrH

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Hi @Sulibo 

For this configuration the 3D models are not needed . So you need to create it manually.

PetrH

Sulibo
13-Aquamarine
(To:HelesicPetr)

Hello, PetrH,

do your 'manually' mean : I need use the configuration 3D model to generate the 3D model for the windchill Bom, do I understand right?

but how to use windchill options logic to make sure the 3D model is right for the windchill bom?

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Hi, 

Create new CAD Assembly,

connect the CAD Assembly to generated WTPart

HelesicPetr_0-1690889183176.png

HelesicPetr_1-1690889219574.png

Search for the CAD assembly

HelesicPetr_2-1690889267321.png

HelesicPetr_3-1690889299947.png

In the structure use Build to CAD

HelesicPetr_4-1690889322537.png

The Publish to CAD will propagate WTPart structure that have associated CAD parts to the new CAD assembly.

PetrH

Sulibo
13-Aquamarine

Hello, PetrH

Sorry for my bad English,

Thanks for your explain, these images are very helpful for me.

As my understanding, you explain me how to use 3D model to generated right bom, but my problem is : my configuration assembly 3d model is very large, and  very complex, there are many options in the 3D model,  its very difficult for me to open a such big 3D model to generate  the project 3d model, so i wonder if there are any wey can make this task easier.

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Hi @Sulibo 

In my opinion If you need to create variants with 3D model you need to start in Creo with Creo Options Modeler license where the variants were generated.

The description how to propagate the option&variant to 3D is here Article CS195637?

very important is to propagate the configuration to 3D

HelesicPetr_1-1690897164505.png

I may be wrong and someone else can correct me. 

PetrH

Sulibo
13-Aquamarine

Hello PetrH

I think your answer is the right answer,

But when I follow the instructions to make a test;

I found my company`s windchill cant use the build multi-level CAD structure,

I already made it support ticket to our IT support team,

Hope they can solve this problem.

Thanks very much!

AR_10666332
5-Regular Member

Hello,

I am having a similar confusion, so I though I would join the discussion.

What I have seen is that by using option filter Configuration context and then design context, I am able to get my complete CAD structure.

ie. during the design context step, I et to choose my authoring application and windchill is creatin a top level assembly using some existing CREO Template. My real doubt is, why the actions -> configure to get a variant does not build a top level assembly to place all the children options and only design context does so.

My client requires a variant with a completed CAD structure, am I missing something, because as far as I can see, the actions configure and option filter -> configuration context -> design context are completely unrelated.

Bottom line is, the only way I'm able to achieve a variant with compete CAD structure is by having Empty CAD assemblies at all Nodes that need an assembly or Sub assembly (ie. This is in the Configurable Product itself) and create a variant, after which we can use Build multi level CAD structure.

Hi @AR_10666332 

the answer why is because it is designed that way and it is just used for generating variant BOMs, 

CAD is not important that moment. 

PetrH

AR_10666332
5-Regular Member

Hello,

Thanks for the speedy answer, can I take the standard procedure to be to add an empty .asm at the assembly or sub assembly nodes, I think it not too unreasonable to do so to be able to have a usable final CAD along with the Variant as well.

Thank you.

Hi @AR_10666332 

As I wrote, In my opinion If you need a CAD Document for the generated BOM(variant assembly) you need to generate the variant in the Creo.

PetrH

Top Tags