A product development resource for K-12
This curriculum is structured to provide as much exposure to industry best practices and to the variety of models and activities that occur in product development as is possible. There are 12 exercises and each exercise is typically organized with a hands-on activity to explain the concepts, then a practice model to enforce the learning of the concepts and then a final skills assessment activity that provides another model to demonstrate the acquired skills.
The download includes 12 sections and all the required CAD models.
- Section 1: Solid Modeling
- Section 2: Model Structure
- Section 3: Model Analysis
- Section 4: Assembly Constraints
- Section 5: Assembling Systems
- Section 6: Assembling Mechanisms
- Section 7: Concept Development
- Section 8: Preliminary Design
- Section 9: Creating Parts & Assemblies
- Section 10: Math & Simulation
- Section 11: Virtual Laboratory
- Section 12: Calculating Stress & Deflection