So that explains my absence! Sorry for not posting updates for over a week...finals, homework, and FIRST®Robotics were driving me to the limits of my productivity. Luckily now, with the former two out of the way, I can relay updates from from our 1671 Buchanan Bird Brains team during the past week. Note that the following updates are listed in no particular order:
1. Finished Hoop Station with the help of our mentor and fellow CUSD teacher Richard Kinney. Tons of fun shooting the balls into the rims.
2. Began total tranformation of shooter prototype, went to a four wheel, two top, two bottom firing system. Seems successful for many teams thus far.
3. CAD base in PTC's Creo has under gone SEVERAL changes in the past few days. We will set a final design very shortly.
4. Prgramming team has made progress on the camera tracking abilities. Hopefully this will give us a crucial advantage on the court.
5. With the help of engineer Michael Stokes, the electronics team has begun using CAN (controller area network) to control this year's Jaguar's. Again, this is to give us that advantage on the court.
6. Our public relations has done excellent work posting and editing material on the website. Please check out what they have done at http://team1671.com/