cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

2D Drawings to 3D Annotation

ptc-4944731
1-Newbie

2D Drawings to 3D Annotation

Hey all, I am currently working on a legacy project that was not 3D annotated. 2D Drawings were created for each part but the dimensioning was done as draft dimensions. I need to create all of these dimensions in the part file now as 3D annotations. I understand that I could right-click -> show annotations for each feature and pick the dimension I need but not all of the dimensions found in the 2D are there.

I did a quick search and could not come up with much but I am looking for a way to have the dimensions in the drawing automatically convert to the 3D part as 3D annotation. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Hi Steve,

Congrats on your first question. It's a good one, but so far no such capability exists.

I find it easiest to simply put what dimensions I need in the sketches. Of note, you can put reference dims in the sketch and at the dwg level, remove the parens to make it LOOK like driving dimensions. They won't be, of course, but sometimes that's helpful.

Also, it depends on whether you have the config.pro option: "create_drawing_dims_only" set to (yes or no, default yes).

Thanks for the fast response guys. I had a feeling that this was the case but we just upgraded to Creo 2.0 last week (Government is behind the times with updates) and I noticed that there was a tab in the drawings called Legacy Migration and that it had a feature called Annotation Converter. I was hoping that this would allow me to do what I am looking for but I guess not.

Looks like I am gonna continue with the tedious process of adding these dimensions in the sketch and/or creating driven annotations. Again thanks for your help and I'm sure this will be my first of many questions here.

I suppose I was speaking for those without a PTC Creo Legacy Migration Extension license.

http://www.ptc.com/WCMS/files/135253/en/LDA_AC_Capabilities_RevG1.pdf

It should have come with some instructions - check the packaging, they may be loose in the bottom of the box.

Top Tags