cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

2D from 3D Model

dwright-2
1-Newbie

2D from 3D Model

I have only been using CREO for about a month now so I have a lot of questions. Can I create a 2D file from a Solid Model? I have a project that I started in Solid Edge 2D and I need to import 2D files from our sister company's database. The majority of the files in our sister company's database are solid models. On a side note when I try to export either a .DXF or .DWG from the solid models for use in 2D they always come out looking like wireframe with a million lines on them. Is the a way to translate the solid model files to another format like .DXF or .DWG and them not come out looking like wireframe?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Create a drawing first and place the 2D view(s) that you want at your desired scale and then export as a DXF or DWG.

If you are exporting to another system to create 2D views there, export the solid models as STEP or IGES files and then create the 2D views after importing them into your other CAD system.

Top Tags