cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

AFX connector is not assembling if Datum referances are with Hide state in connector part

Vinayak_Patil
6-Contributor

AFX connector is not assembling if Datum referances are with Hide state in connector part

Hi,

I am attempting to include my custom component as a connector in the AFX library.

In the script tab file, I'm adding connector references for assembly.

When I try to assemble that connector and the connector references are in the hidden state, afx displays an error.

For example, if I refer to a plane from a connector for assembly and the plane is in the Hide state in the connector component, afx will fail to assemble it.

We are using Creo 8 and Creo 10.

We use MBD for parts and ensure that all datums are hidden for the Model_only tab.

Anyone know how to use connector references, even if they are hidden ? Your help is  appriciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I guess that references are not hidden but suppressed. If this is the case then you cannot assemble component.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

I guess that references are not hidden but suppressed. If this is the case then you cannot assemble component.

Martin Hanák

Thank you very much. My MBD system automatically suppressed these datums when I regenerated my assembly. I fixed it and it now works like a charm.

Hi @Vinayak_Patil ,

can you upload you tab and the model so I can take a look?

Greetings Sam

Samuel Brantner
B&W Software GmbH
Top Tags