cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

AFX connector is not assembling if Datum referances are with Hide state in connector part

Vinayak_Patil
5-Regular Member

AFX connector is not assembling if Datum referances are with Hide state in connector part

Hi,

I am attempting to include my custom component as a connector in the AFX library.

In the script tab file, I'm adding connector references for assembly.

When I try to assemble that connector and the connector references are in the hidden state, afx displays an error.

For example, if I refer to a plane from a connector for assembly and the plane is in the Hide state in the connector component, afx will fail to assemble it.

We are using Creo 8 and Creo 10.

We use MBD for parts and ensure that all datums are hidden for the Model_only tab.

Anyone know how to use connector references, even if they are hidden ? Your help is  appriciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I guess that references are not hidden but suppressed. If this is the case then you cannot assemble component.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

I guess that references are not hidden but suppressed. If this is the case then you cannot assemble component.

Martin Hanák
Vinayak_Patil
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Thank you very much. My MBD system automatically suppressed these datums when I regenerated my assembly. I fixed it and it now works like a charm.

Hi @Vinayak_Patil ,

can you upload you tab and the model so I can take a look?

Greetings Sam

Samuel Brantner
B&W Software GmbH
Top Tags