cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

ASME 2018 symbols

QNTran682
3-Visitor

ASME 2018 symbols

Where can I find the symbols to be applied to drawing in accordance with ASME Y14.5-2018 standards?

I'm missing "Continuous Feature" symbol to meet the new drafting standard.

I am using Creo Parametric 7.0.11.0.

7 REPLIES 7

Hi @QNTran682 ,

All the symbols are there, all you need to do is to update the following model detail option (or drawing detail option, depending on which environment you are in):

Detail option name: symbol_font

Value: asme or stroked_asme 

(you can access the detail options page via File-->Prepare-->Model Properties-->Detail options)

Once you will apply the new value for this option, you will see much more text symbols available: 

Mfridman_0-1684317221540.png

Thank you!

I found the symbols to insert. However my text box does not display the Symbol graphic text properly. So I can't see what the symbol is before inserting. How can I make it look like the way your pictorial looks? Here's what mine looks like.

@QNTran682 wrote:

Thank you!

I found the symbols to insert. However my text box does not display the Symbol graphic text properly. So I can't see what the symbol is before inserting. How can I make it look like the way your pictorial looks? Here's what mine looks like.

Hi,

please do simple test:

• create new empty drawing
  • set symbol_font asme

• add new note
  • display Library symbols dialog box

Martin Hanák

I'm not sure what you mean by "display Library symbols dialog box". 

Are you referring to the symbol in the "Format" tab when inserting the character in the note that is just created?

Hi,

I mean this one

MartinHanak_0-1684395843673.png

Martin Hanák

@QNTran682 wrote:

Thank you!

Hi,

it seems to me that your installation is corrupted somehow. My installation works as expected - see uploaded video.

Martin Hanák

Thank you Martin.

I'll have to try and reinstall to fix this.

Top Tags