cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Adding textures to colors

RickGiguere
1-Newbie

Adding textures to colors

Hi When I add a texture to a color on a part, it turns white, when I toggle the texture off the color appears. In config pro texture is 'on' In model display, <shade>, 'texture' is enabled. I create a new color using the + sign, name it, hit enter, go to map, and apply the texture. weird, all I can think of it's my graphic card. anybody else ever run into this WF3 version thnx
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

I have no idea why you'd be seeing this. You're certain that (a) the texture assigned is a texture that Pro/E recognizes and allows, (b) colors and textures are both turned on? I know that in software like Maya, you only see textures in certain rendering modes. I suppose that Pro/E might respond in a similar fashion. What rendering mode are you using, and what hardware are you running on? Pro/E really likes running in hardware-accelerated OpenGL. Any contemporary nVidia or ATI card ought to be able to do this just fine. If you're trying to run on an on-motherboard video chip, well, you might be out of luck. So, any more info you can share?

"Cary Brown" wrote:

I have no idea why you'd be seeing this. You're certain that (a) the texture assigned is a texture that Pro/E recognizes and allows, (b) colors and textures are both turned on? I know that in software like Maya, you only see textures in certain rendering modes. I suppose that Pro/E might respond in a similar fashion. What rendering mode are you using, and what hardware are you running on? Pro/E really likes running in hardware-accelerated OpenGL. Any contemporary nVidia or ATI card ought to be able to do this just fine. If you're trying to run on an on-motherboard video chip, well, you might be out of luck. So, any more info you can share?

It's been working intermittently, sometime I get the texture with no color, sometime a different texture than the one I pick, sometimes a white part. I can't get a texture with the color I choose. The computer is a DELL Insperion 1525. thnx Rick

I forgot These are the default textures supplied with PRO/E There shouldn't be any special search paths I have to enter in config pro

One other thing I forgot It did work briefly for about 15 minutes, then PRO/E crashed and it hasn't worked right since.
Top Tags