cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Additional versions created after Delete Old Versions

jstanczyk
1-Newbie

Additional versions created after Delete Old Versions

Dear kind helpers,

I am trying to Delete Old Versions of my assembly components while going through the process of plotting and releasing the design. So when I finalizecomponent "Body" for example, I'll delete the old versions and be left with only the latest.drw and .prt files. Somewhere along the way, the top level assembly will get saved and a new instance of Body.prt gets created. I assume aconfig option will fix this. Please advise. Any negative consequences by turning this off? Thanks in advance!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Sorry, I should specify that this is WF4. I'm thinking one of the following options:

save_objects > set to changed?

propogate_change_to_parents > keep at no?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:jstanczyk)

Are you using a PDM system or native filing?

Thank you,

Ben H. Loosli
USEC, INC.

As I suspected, it appears that settingsave_objects > changed will do the trick.

Thanks again to Ben

Not applicable
(To:jstanczyk)

Depends upon why those versions are getting created. Most common
reasons;

- Save Status performed on the higher level assembly after
modifying the layer status of your part while in the assembly

- External references, if part dimensions are driven by or
through the assembly, then the parts will be "updated" when the assembly
is opened.

- Config option "save_objects" set to "all"

~Dan