cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Align Bundle Not Working

AH_9748419
3-Visitor

Align Bundle Not Working

Hi
I've routed a cable between 3 connectors; the shared section of the cable splits part-way and i've routed some of the conductors to a one connector, and some of the conductors to another connector.
The two sets of conductors were exposed after the break, so i bundled them with a sheath. The result is as the images shows; the bundles are unaligned, which i'd like to remedy.
I've tried using Bundles>Align Bundles, and selected one, two or three of these points and selecting 'align' and then regenerating; nothing seems to affect the alignment. 
Any tips on how to get past this? 
Best regards
A

1 REPLY 1
Lars_F
12-Amethyst
(To:AH_9748419)

Hi,

You can always branch the bundle if you want to have the other bundle separate from the center...

As an example I have a 14mm tube (not realistic) but first bundle from end to end including all wires (this case only 2 wires, Black and White).

Lars_F_0-1687874253411.png

Then add a bundle branch for the second wire leaving from the junction point...

1. "Select one or two locations on a top loom bundle to define one end of the branch."

Select only the junction point and press OK

2. "Select a location to define the other end of the branch."

Select the end point for the branch

After which the cable looks like this...

Lars_F_1-1687874341843.png

Using tape-spool the branch is of course more realistic. Same procedure but tape spool.

Lars_F_2-1687874402508.png

The network looks like ...

Lars_F_3-1687875794754.png

Br,

Lars

Top Tags