cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Anyway I can select just the top surface for my analysis?

ksengkit
1-Newbie

Anyway I can select just the top surface for my analysis?

Hi everyone,

attached in this post is a picture of my parts and the analysis that I wanna do. I have tried to set only to put a force on the top surface but this shows the whole surface instead. Anyway I can put the force on to the top surface only other than using point to roughly select?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Nothing attached... but in any case, I would suggest creating surface or volume regions to control where your load is applied.

I have attached a picture in this reply. Could you explain how do it set surface regions? I just need the top surface as well as the bottom but when I click the surface for the load it'll end up the whole surface of the wave spring. Screenshot 2016-11-08 15.59.45.png

Look under the Refine Model tab.  You can create both Surface Regions and Volume Regions.

Basically, you sketch a profile (can be as simple as a single line to cut a surface) and then select one or more surfaces.  The sketch is projected onto the surfaces, and divides them either side of the profile.  You can then apply loads and constraints independently to each part of the surface.

http://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/usascii/#page/simulate%2Fsimulate%2Fmodstr%2Ffeatures%2Fprocedure%2Fcreate_surf_reg.html

I have tried splitting the surface region but when I put a force and tried running the analysis there is a problem that occurred and I'm not too sure what's wrong. attached below is the image of the problem. Thanks for your help! Screenshot 2016-11-09 10.50.49.png

Sorry, I don't have an easy answer for this.  Mechanica sometimes throws up strange errors like this, with little useful explanation.

Try changing the boundary position on the surface region, to begin with.

Screenshot 2016-11-08 15.59.45.png

Top Tags