cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Applying Filter-By Rule in Drawing-Tables

AA_11007722
3-Visitor

Applying Filter-By Rule in Drawing-Tables

I’m encountering a challenge where I need to filter out all assemblies with the exception of certain ones.

Typically, I use the command "&asm.mbr.type != ASSEMBLY" to filter out assemblies, but now I need to modify this to exclude specific assemblies such as F902355, a5879, etc.

Using Creo 8.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I think you have to apply repeat region relations to distinguish assemblies/parts you want/don't want to display. These relations can define internal repeat region parameter. Later you can use this parameter to filter assemblies. Unfortunately you have to display this parameter in repeat region, too using rpt.rel.parname notation.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @AA_11007722 ,

You may try excluding using names, e.g. &asm.mbr.name != part_a, part_b, part_c

For more information refer article at https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS48035

Thanks. 

The problem I’m encountering with the rule (&asm.mbr.name != part_a, part_b, part_c) is that it imposes a restriction on the number of assemblies (due to a character limit), beyond which it triggers an error.

Screenshot 2024-04-03 121757.pngScreenshot 2024-04-03 121649.png

Screenshot 2024-04-03 121757.png

Hi,

I think you have to apply repeat region relations to distinguish assemblies/parts you want/don't want to display. These relations can define internal repeat region parameter. Later you can use this parameter to filter assemblies. Unfortunately you have to display this parameter in repeat region, too using rpt.rel.parname notation.

Martin Hanák

Hi,

I attached Creo 7.0 test files.

Martin Hanák

It looks like you have some responses from some community members. If any of these replies helped you solve your question please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. 
Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.
Regards,
Andra
Top Tags