cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Ask for user input when opening part

DerrickVanNieke
4-Participant

Ask for user input when opening part

Hi there,

is it possible for CREO, when opening a part have CREO ask for a Length value before creating a part and then creating the part. Family tables won't be effecient for this because the values are one off's and never the same, but all the other values are constant.

thanks,

Derrick

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Assuming the part is going to be used in an assembly, this sounds like a case for making the relevant dimension Flexible.

Hi Derrick,

you can use Pro/Program if you need to customize the prompt (inputs for your part or assembly)

You can find this solution on my model: Parametric gear

Regards,

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

thanks for the info, I am going to read about it now,

it is not an assembly, it is a sheet metal part.

thanks for taking the time to respond.

I will update my findings here after reading.

thanks.

You are Welcome.

The Pro/Program is really powerfull.

Try to investigate my model (Parametric gear). If you want to edit/manage Pro/Program select: Tools>Program...>Edit Design

The prompt inputs for Parametric gear is between:

INPUT

END INPUT

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

thanks, just downloaded, and will look now.

thanks,

Derrick

Top Tags