cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Automated Time Tracking Creo 2.0

zhumphrey
1-Newbie

Automated Time Tracking Creo 2.0

So this year our company is in a trough year and we are looking at trying to track time on projects better.

Is there a way to track time in Creo 2.0 other than when each time it is saved?  I know there is a way to do this in other CAD programs, and was looking around for the ability to do this in Creo, but had no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

Hey, Zachary!

There are a few options to get some time metrics.  First is Exit logger.  It can track the time of a creo Parametric session.  It also tracks types of exits, codes, etc.  Pretty slick stuff.

Second is to "roll your own", so to speak.  You can grab trail files and extract the time stamps for various (specific) activities.  Since that is your own stuff, you can get all kinds of information from it.

Third is PTC's system monitor.  I have no experience with this, but the demos look like it gives some very good metrics capabilities including (I believe) things like module use, time, etc.

Fourth is to double your staff and have one employee watching the other, writing down exactly what they do every moment of the day.  But that solution is probably too noisy.

i use 'AllNetic working time tracker' it's up to each user to start the timer but the software is pretty good about letting you know that "should it start" and "you stopped working"

i've been using this for years. hope that helps.

What are you expecting to do with the data and what data do you expect to collect?

Time tracker would be great for billable hours, most of my jobs spill over onto the weekend , it would be great 

if Creo would do this automatically.  

Top Tags