cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Automatic Height Adjust - change cell "padding"?

SHOBrad
4-Participant

Automatic Height Adjust - change cell "padding"?

Hi all, first post!  My question is that the way we like our text within our tables to look is centered horizontally, meaning the box borer spacing above the text is the same as the spacing below the text.  When I select the 'Automatic height adjustment' box, the lower border is much closer to the text than the upper border.  Is there a way to change the "cell padding" around the text to center this?  I've searched for config parameters on this with no luck.

Using Creo 6 (going to 9 this weekend)

Thanks in advance!

Brad

6 REPLIES 6
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:SHOBrad)

I am using Creo 7.0 and it stays centered for me. Can you attach an image of what you are seeing? Is there a return above the text?

There are 2 things to look at: height and width and note properties - text style

kdirth_0-1707322611668.png

kdirth_1-1707322658323.png

There is always more to learn in Creo.
SHOBrad
4-Participant
(To:kdirth)

So the first is me setting the height of the table row as I would like it... same amount of space top and bottom.  6.76 "drawing units" is what I used.

SHOBrad_0-1707854170474.png

The second is turning on the "automatic height adjustment" which (at 7.938) has way more space below the text than above.  Looks sloppy to me.

SHOBrad_2-1707854270406.png

I don't want to use middle for the body (change description) because then I would have to use it for all my columns or they would not line up.

kdirth
20-Turquoise

Try adjusting the line spacing factor to match the top offset.  Not sure exactly how it works but it will adjust the bottom offset with automatic height adjustment.  It appears that automatic height adjustment puts the line spacing under the last line.

kdirth_0-1707861370805.png

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I agree with @kdirth 

There are some funny things that happen if you have different font sizes within a cell and how it centers. We have or had tables at one time that had a space that used the default font height but the font set to the parameter callout was a different height so it looked like the centering was off.

So, make sure there are no other "unexpected" things in your table cell if these are tables that are loaded with the format or tables from a file.

kdirth
20-Turquoise

Per article CS271661 Creo does not have the ability to adjust cell margins.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

That article is a little misleading.  It is true that you can't easily adjust the padding after a table is created, but you can certainly adjust the padding while the table is being created by setting the default text height in the drawing where the table is being built first.  While more complicated, you can also adjust the padding after a table exist by scaling a drawing with the 'variant_drawing_items_sizes' config option set to 'yes'.  (I've used this trick a bunch to create different size title block for different sheet sizes without needing to manually rebuild the tables.)

By default, the cell height is double the default text height and the padding is half the default text height.  You can adjust the default text height to do some cool things.  (Intentionally set it really small when creating the table, etc.) 

Top Tags