cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

BOM Balloons

hspaulding
3-Visitor

BOM Balloons

When creating balloons on a drawing I have a need for stacking balloons (see EXAMPLE "B") rather than having balloons each pointing to individual parts (see EXAMPLE "A"), while still being parametric to the BOM. Is this possible? If so, how?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
10 REPLIES 10
Darrell
12-Amethyst
(To:hspaulding)

See attached.
Darrell
12-Amethyst
(To:Darrell)

Custon balloon symbol. Remove the .txt extension.

Thanks to Darrell McAlister I have my answer. I don't know why PTC has to make everything so difficult, but ...... One minor thing, Darrell, the symbol you posted gives me a "corrupted file" error and a Pro/Exit when I try to use it after removing the .txt from the file name. Thanks just the same!
Darrell
12-Amethyst
(To:hspaulding)

I had trouble uploading because of the sym file extension. Try this zipped symbol.

If you would like to create your own balloons; Pick insert from pull down menu. Pick "Balloon". Next menu opens; pick "no or with leader". Half way down menu it shows Horizontal & Vertical. Select which one you want. Below that pick "Make Note". Next window opens, pick how to attach the balloon, and if you want the leader what will be the point of leader. Pick where you want the point of the leader or the balloon. Select "OK" Select "Done" Pick where to place the balloon itself. "Pick on screen" Type the text or number, hit enter, if you want more than one number or text, type the next, then enter, so on and so on. You can edit this string with the text editor to change it if you like. The balloon editor stays in the vertical if that was your last method. Keep that in mind for the next string if you want them to be horizontal.

Works like a charm, Darrell. Thanks a million!

"HERB SPAULDING" wrote:

When creating balloons on a drawing I have a need for stacking balloons (see EXAMPLE "B") rather than having balloons each pointing to individual parts (see EXAMPLE "A"), while still being parametric to the BOM. Is this possible? If so, how?

HI Darrell McAlister First thanks a lot to you, I had the same question, which "HERB SPAULDING" had. But now it got clear with the help of your post "Ballon.sym." But, i like to know how the symbol gets working. its not creating another ballon symbol, buts its allowing to merge or split. Can you describe about that symbol and when using it what work is been done. Regards, Balaji. M

This custom balloon is a symbol. You can edit it in a drawing from the Format-Symbol Gallery-Redefine menu (WF3). It has variable text that uses the report index number, \rpt.index\, and a radial leader attached to a sketched circle. You can see all the details by redefining it.

Hi Darrell, Thanks a lot, really it helped me a lot... thanks once again... Regards, Balaji. M
Top Tags