cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

BOM table that only shows items in a simplified rep

bjoyner
3-Visitor

BOM table that only shows items in a simplified rep

I am trying to create a drawing template that uses a simplified rep for a view and a bom table that

only shows the items shown in the simplified rep.  My template uses the simplified rep but the BOM table

still shows all the items and qty's in the entire assembly.  Any suggestions on how to acheive this?

Thanks,

Brian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:bjoyner)

You need to change the table to use the simp rep that you want. Click on the table tab and then the repeat region button. Then click the model / rep menu and choose your table. Then pick the assembly again only pick the simp rep you want when it prompts you.

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:bjoyner)

You need to change the table to use the simp rep that you want. Click on the table tab and then the repeat region button. Then click the model / rep menu and choose your table. Then pick the assembly again only pick the simp rep you want when it prompts you.

Capture.PNG

bjoyner
3-Visitor
(To:Chris3)

Thanks for the response. 

Works great. 

Very simple once you know how to do it.

Brian

IM KINDA NEW TO THIS. I AM TRYING TO GET A BOM FROM A SIMPLIFIED REP OF THE MAIN ASSY, NOT IN A DRAWING, I CANNOT FIND THE MENU MANAGER TAB YOU ARE SHOWING, HOW DO I GET THERE, OR WILL BOM NOT WORK IN ASSY MODE?

THANKS.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:JK_9284371)

That menu is for drawing tables. It will not be found in an assy.

You can get a BOM on an assembly from the Model tab, Bill of Materials icon

StephenW_0-1666189797319.png

Top Tags