cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

CHANGE .PRT IN DRAWING

CJK_Acuity
1-Newbie

CHANGE .PRT IN DRAWING

I somehow deleted my .drw and want to use a similar drawing to recreate the one I deleted, as it is quite detailed and contains many detail and section views. How can I save as or rename so that I have a new drawing referencing the new part?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

It might works.. Save the original part is different folder. Now save the reference part and drw. in some different folder. Open the reference part drw. and they open the model which is used in this drw. Rename that .prt file with original part number. save drw and prt. Exit the pro/e. Use explorer and select the original part(which is in different folder) and drope it into the folder where you saved reference prt and drw. It poped up the msg "file with same name exist do you want to replace" say yes. Now open the prt and drw. from reference folder and see if it works.

may be you alreday did that.... Check your recycle bin....?

"Colette Keslin" wrote:

I somehow deleted my .drw and want to use a similar drawing to recreate the one I deleted, as it is quite detailed and contains many detail and section views. How can I save as or rename so that I have a new drawing referencing the new part?

I guess you can play around.. backup the file you need to a different folder (temp). The drawing will be referenced by part. Rename the new part as the drawing number. like if the drawing # is 123. Rename the part 123. Now you can just open the drawing as you would do everytime you should be able to open it. I guess you should be able to figure this out. Chander.

I was able to do the recommended renaming and moving to a different folder to make the drawing reference the correct part. Thank you all!
Top Tags