cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Can we create new family table in simply rep mode

suganthan.mech
1-Newbie

Can we create new family table in simply rep mode

Hello Buddies

Good Day!!

We are trying to use large assmebly managment tools like simplify rep, envelope, shrinkwrap. But we are good in simply rep. we are in Pro/E Wildfire 3.

The problem is IfI want to add some subassemblies(sub assemblies(family tables)in simply rep mode ),I can add the sub assemblies, but after add the sub assemblies. I want to create new family table for my top level assy. but family tables option is hidden. Ihave checked withmy view manager, master rep shows some "+" signs. what is that means. If i double click all sub assemblies change into master rep mode. now the family table options are highlighting..

I know we cannot create new family table in simplify mode. But in simply rep mode (using substitue option) only we can use envelope , family table , interchange, shrinkwrap. or some times replace option. we know how to use envelope and shrinkwrap. But simply rep mode we cannot create new family table.. So that is the problem

My company is new to PRO/E. They have lot of variants in there part(family tables).So they are very good in family tables.So can any one have good ideas..

My questions are...

1. can we create new family table in simply rep mode..
  2. what is the meaning of "+" sign in master rep mode after adding a simplified rep assembly in top level.
  3. what is the best method for managing large assembly
  4. kindly share how your companies are managing large assemblies with "N" of varients models

Please refer the image for clarification. kindly reply as we need to decide our direction.

Thanks In Advance

Suganthan Rajamanickam

Pro-e System Analyst

Trane Design Centre, India

Ingersoll Rand

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hello Buddies

I am just waiting for your valuable replies. Kindly reply to my queries

Suganthan.

In Reply to Suganthan Rajamanickam:

Hello Buddies

Good Day!!

We are trying to use large assmebly managment tools like simplify rep, envelope, shrinkwrap. But we are good in simply rep. we are in Pro/E Wildfire 3.

The problem is IfI want to add some subassemblies(sub assemblies(family tables)in simply rep mode ),I can add the sub assemblies, but after add the sub assemblies. I want to create new family table for my top level assy. but family tables option is hidden. Ihave checked withmy view manager, master rep shows some "+" signs. what is that means. If i double click all sub assemblies change into master rep mode. now the family table options are highlighting..

I know we cannot create new family table in simplify mode. But in simply rep mode (using substitue option) only we can use envelope , family table , interchange, shrinkwrap. or some times replace option. we know how to use envelope and shrinkwrap. But simply rep mode we cannot create new family table.. So that is the problem

My company is new to PRO/E. They have lot of variants in there part(family tables).So they are very good in family tables.So can any one have good ideas..

My questions are...

2. what is the meaning of "+" sign in master rep mode after adding a simplified rep assembly in top level.
  4. kindly share how your companies are managing large assemblies with "N" of varients models

Please refer the image for clarification. kindly reply as we need to decide our direction.

Thanks In Advance

Suganthan Rajamanickam

Pro-e System Analyst

Ingersoll Rand

Suganthan Rajamanickam

Pro-e System Analyst

Ingersoll Rand

Buddies

Kindly reply to my mail. Just share how you people are doing larege assembly management. Your replies will help me to drive my team in correct path.

Thanks In Advance..

Suganthan.R

In Reply to Suganthan Rajamanickam:

Hello Buddies

Good Day!!

My questions are...

Thanks In Advance

Suganthan Rajamanickam

Pro-e System Analyst

Ingersoll Rand

Suganthan Rajamanickam

Pro-e System Analyst

Ingersoll Rand

Top Tags