cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Change View Label Details

nhall
11-Garnet

Change View Label Details

Hello,

This is a difficulty I have had with Creo for a long time, I always resort to adding a manual note to look as I want but I was wondering whether what I am trying is actually possible.

I have a detail view but wish to have different layer settings for that particular view (compared to its parent) so changed the detail view type to 'General'. By making this a general view, the view label now defaults to the section view (&xsec_name). The detail view retains its name (C) but when I change the view label to say (&view_name), it just returns to the default &xsec_name.

nhall_0-1701943055211.png

Simple question is; is it possible to create manual notes that are associated with specific views that will pull the relevant information from the view by adding the relevant &_x_ information?

N.B. I am running Creo Parametric version 8.0.7.0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pausob
18-Opal
(To:nhall)

I am pretty sure the answer is "no".  Frustrating, but the notes in the Creo drawing package are often "dumb, static things" (definitely "non-parametric")

In this particular case, it is baffling as how the name of a view (parameter VIEW_NAME) is there and the system can use it and generate a draft note with it - but a user cannot.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
pausob
18-Opal
(To:nhall)

I am pretty sure the answer is "no".  Frustrating, but the notes in the Creo drawing package are often "dumb, static things" (definitely "non-parametric")

In this particular case, it is baffling as how the name of a view (parameter VIEW_NAME) is there and the system can use it and generate a draft note with it - but a user cannot.

nhall
11-Garnet
(To:pausob)

A little ironic for 'Creo Parametric' really haha but thanks for your response, glad to know i haven't been missing something obvious all these years.

Top Tags