cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Change a distance between two components with differents values on several assemblies

rbornard
1-Newbie

Change a distance between two components with differents values on several assemblies

Dear all,

I gonna try to explain

I have an assembly (named 1.asm), with two sub-assemblies (named 1-2.asm and 1-3.asm)

I want to adjust the slide of upper plate (1-3.asm) from lower plate (1-2.asm) from 0 to 200mm; depending of the upper level assembly (named 00.asm , 01.asm , 02.asm ...)

For example, I want a distance of :

- 20mm between 1-3.asm and 1-2.asm in 00.asm

- 50mm between 1-3.asm and 1-2.asm in 01.asm

- 100mm between 1-3.asm and 1-2.asm in 02.asm

I thought it was possible with something like the "make flexible" tool but I can't select the dimensions to make flexible...

Precision : I want that original assembly 1.asm stay with a dimension of 0mm between 1-2.asm and 1-3.asm

I hope that somebody understand me and can help me

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:rbornard)

Flexibility only works one level up. So if you are trying to make a component of one of the sub-assemblies move in the top assembly (1.asm) than this is not possible. If you don't like this, there is an idea of the enhancement here (vote it up): Allow flexibility at any assembly level, not just next higher assemblies

If you are trying to change the distance between the 2 sub-assemblies than you first need to make sure that they are constrained with a distance constraint so there is a dimension you can make flexible.

Top Tags