cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Changing Default Drawing Font in Creo 2.0 to user-defined Font

sgunnam
12-Amethyst

Changing Default Drawing Font in Creo 2.0 to user-defined Font

I'm trying to change the default font i.e "Font" to "Arialuni.ttf". I read various topics in this Community to resolve my issue but nothing really helps me. Firstly, I try to change the font from the drawing window i.e., File/Options/Configuration Editor but I don't see any default_font option over there to change it to "Arialuni.ttf".

Picture1.JPGso, I try to modify font from the C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M***\text & under the files "prodesign.dtl", "prodetail.dtl", "prodiagram.dtl" and change the font to "Arialuni.ttf" i.e.,  Picture2.JPG

Even after doing this, the font still points to the "font" style irrespective of the default _font setup. 

so what am I missing here? There must be an additional setting somewhere driving this, correct?

Any help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:sgunnam)

You need to open a drawing and then edit the active *.dtl file, not the config.pro file.

If you have drawing templates, you need to edit every template as the imbedded *.dtl file is remembered in each template and applied to your drawings when created.

The settings for parts/assemblies/drawings when using templates, comes from the template files, not the system defaults.

sgunnam
12-Amethyst
(To:BenLoosli)

when you meant drawing - is that meant to a empty drawing file and I really didn't get your second statement. Kindly bare with me and I'm new to the creo environment, so please provide me a little indepth details about your statements.

Regards,

Gunnam

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:sgunnam)

Do you use templates for creating new parts/assemblies and drawings or do you just create them from the system defaults?

Using templates ignores the system defaults, since the templates have absorbed the system defaults into them when created.

If you use templates, which I think you do since you said modifying the *.dtl files did not change the font, you need to locate the template files and make your changes directly in those files and resave them. One this is done, new files created from the templates will have your proper font.

Another test is to create a new part and drawing and be sure to uncheck the Use Template box. This will create files from the system defaults. You should still modify the system defaults so you always get the files with your font.

Top Tags