cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Color Map or appearance.map - how I create a color with texture?

gabrielrocha
1-Newbie

Color Map or appearance.map - how I create a color with texture?

Hi, I'd like know how I create a color with texture?

in the files *.map have the structure below

"RED_SHINY"
1.000 0.030 0.030 0.900 0.900 0.800 1.000 1.000 1.000 1.000
0.000 0.250 0.500 1.000 0 90
NO_TEXTURE NO_TEXTURE NO_TEXTURE <------ What I put here?

anyone can help me?

thanks

best regards

Gabriel Rocha

-.br

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Where exsactly are those map files. My apearance file doesnt have NO_TEXTURE writen anywhere.

Anyway im guessing first NO_TEXTURE is for bump, second for image and third for decal.

Try typing location of image file instead of those. Like C:\img.jpg etc.

Dear Davor,

I'm trying to apply a texture in pipe spec.

In folder pipe/master_catalog has piping_appearance.map, or in folder graphiclib\graphic-library\color_maps.

I dont understand the logical, but in file graphiclib\graphic-library\color_maps\plastic.map has the text below

"Beige_Plastic"
0.841 0.801 0.715 0.390 0.830 0.690 0.130 0.953 0.956 0.849
0.000 0.120 0.010 1.000 0 90
NO_TEXTURE speckle.tx1 NO_TEXTURE

and in same folder has the file speckle.tx1

Hmm didnt realise you were talking about piping.

up

Hi Gabriel...

From what I can see, the piping appearance map goes by the rules of the OLD color.map files dating back to Pro/E 2001. I used to have documentation on precisely what went in these files but after we moved to Wildfire 2, 3, and above, I switched over to the new appearance.dmt format.

I've looked through my old Pro/E 2001 files but haven't located a color.map file with textures saved in them yet. If anyone out there has Pro/E 2001, they can answer your question easily by creating a new color, adding a bump, image, and decal map... and saving out the resulting file. PTC used to have an example file on their website but it has been pulled down.

I'll keep looking...

lkoeniguer
5-Regular Member
(To:gabrielrocha)

Hello Mr. Rocha,

Did you find a solution ?

I try to add an appearence on this piping map file and I have the same issue on Creo 2.

Thanks in advance

Top Tags