cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Controlling decimal places shown in a mass parameter

david.m.grant
1-Newbie

Controlling decimal places shown in a mass parameter

I want to show an assembly mass in a drawing note using pro_mp_mass. Unfortunately, the assembly weighs several thousand pounds, and the note shows the weight to 3 decimal places. Is there any way to round it off to the nearest pound? (or truncate?) We have already tried creating another parameter (mass=pro_mp_mass) with the type set to integer, but ProE automatically changes it back to real number.
11 REPLIES 11

if i recall correctly u just add [.2] at the end of ur parameter for 2 decimal places and [.1] for 1 decimal place, u get the picture. Carlos Diaz
cdiaz-2
11-Garnet
(To:cdiaz-2)

u got me second guessing myself... lol i create a mass analysis using this mapkey: mapkey ww @MAPKEY_NAMEcreate mass analysis;@MAPKEY_LABELcreate mass analysis;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`1 `Analysis`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `Analysis.cas_na_model`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `Analysis.cas_na_model`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `psh_na_model_mass_properties`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Move `nma_model_massprop` `nma_model_massprop`2 28.326939 8.593828 ;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Open `nma_model_massprop` `save_state_rg`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Close `nma_model_massprop` `save_state_rg`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Select `nma_model_massprop` `save_state_rg`1 `feature`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `nma_model_massprop` `compute_btn`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `nma_model_massprop` `ok_btn`;_btn`; then this mapkey adds the FID column: mapkey we @MAPKEY_LABELshow fid in model tree;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `PHTLeft.SettingsCB`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `PHTLeft.SettingsCB`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `ColumbPb`;~ Select `column` `ListName`1 `item02`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `column` `ListName`1 `item02`;~ Activate `column` `OKBtn`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`1 `Utilities`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `Utilities.psh_params`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Open `relation_dlg` `OMContext`;~ Close `relation_dlg` `OMContext`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Select `relation_dlg` `OMContext`1 `feature`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `PHTLeft.AssyTree`1 `node11`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `relation_dlg` `PB_OK`;mapkey ca @MAPKEY_LABELcomponent assemble;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`1 `Insert`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `Insert.cb_component`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `Insert.cb_component`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `pshCompAssemble`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Input `file_open` `Inputname` `*`;~ Update `file_open` `Inputname` `*`; mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `Format.psh_fmt_symbolgallery`;#DELETE;#NAME;\ mapkey(continued) #PRELIMINARY_PRINT;y;#QUIT;#DONE; then u create a note in the drawing using the following format: &<param_name>:FID_<feat_ID> or &<param_name>:FID_<FEAT_NAME> so if ur parameter is called "MASS" ur note would look like this: &MASS:FID_4327[.2]
cdiaz-2
11-Garnet

i wish there was an edit button in this forum... u can also right mouse click on the mass analysis and pick move to footer. this way as u add more feature or take away features or components in ur case, the analysis always stays at the bottom including all features/components and u dont have to manualy keep moving it to the bottom of the model tree. i hope this helps and makes sence, if u need further explanation feel free to ask Carlos Diaz
Kevin
10-Marble

"Carlos Diaz" wrote:

i wish there was an edit button in this forum...

I have this prob too. I tried adding [.0] after the parameter but it didn't work. Any other suggestions?

actually...it does work...I tried [.1] instead and now it's okay.

"Mike Messenger" wrote:

"Mike Messenger" wrote:

anytime

I have figured this out!

In the drawing. select the table tab>switch symbols

right click the cell that containts fam.inst.param.value and select properties

edit the text to read &fam.inst.param.value[.1] (or however many decimals are desired. click ok

click switch symbols viola

THAT WORKED THANKS A LOT!!!!!1

Top Tags