cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Coordinate Dimensioning

ehuber
1-Newbie

Coordinate Dimensioning

Hello,

I am using coordinate dimensions and I am using a reference line for my Y axis that is not the lower edge of the drawing. However, the ordinate dimensions I start with do not go negative when I insert Y dimensions that are lower than my Y zero line. How can I get them to go negative? I have tried manually adding a "-" in the ordinate dimension text but when I put the ordinate dimensions in a coordinate dimension box it erases the "-". Any advice?

Thanks guys,Coordinate Dimensioning.JPG

Eric

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Try setting the configuration option show_dim_sign value to yes.

Eric, let us know if you get show_dim_sign to work. I cannot get it to work in sheetmetal or drawings.

You might have to add it in the config.pro file before opening the session.

I cannot seem to have it show up if the session is active.

Of course, you can always add the prefix "-" to each valid dimension.

By default, it should do this in dimension tables. This is a .dtl setting.

dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:ehuber)

The values are the distance from the baseline. It is a shortcut for an ordinary dimension to the same location. While one might expect that a tabulation would need negative dimension values, there is no example of them in ASME Y14.5-2009.

All the examples of tabulation I've ever seen are first quadrant.

Top Tags