cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Copy and Paste Broken

JiffiPop
11-Garnet

Copy and Paste Broken

Hi all,

I am working in Creo 9.0.1.0 and when I measure a feature part, then copy the measurement, it seems that Creo does not copy the value.

I have tried Ctrl + C to no avail, and right click, copy to no avail. I have tried copying other things on my computer and there's no problem with it. Ctrl + C clearly works in Creo as I can copy and paste a datum plane with it, for example.

Any idea why I am unable to copy a measurement? It is breaking my workflow as I need to manually write down the number then retype it where I want to use it.

Thank you,

Jeff Houston

11 REPLIES 11

Not sure, maybe it's a bug with Creo 8 - I can't tell as I'm still on Creo 4. 

But what happens if you try to paste the text you "copied" form Creo into another application, for example, notepad?

I find sometimes Creo copies extra characters (e.g. TAB) and then Creo refuses to paste such text into its input fields (i.e., it pastes "blank values)

JiffiPop
11-Garnet
(To:pausob)

Thank you for your response. When I paste in Notepad, nothing happens!

Hi,

in Creo 9.0.0.0 I select value, press RMB, select Copy and the value is inside Clipboard.

MartinHanak_0-1660744398810.png

Martin Hanák

Interesting. Perhaps it is a bug with 9.0.1.0? I tried this, and it also does not work.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:JiffiPop)

I just tried with 9.0.1.0. No issue.

remy
21-Topaz I
(To:TomU)

Copy Paste does not paste when something is copied from Creo. This looks like an OS issue and one of the component that bridges both is the .NET Framework.
Do you remember if it was updated when Creo 9 was installed? 
Do you happe to know if your organization has a specific policy with Windows updates?

JiffiPop
11-Garnet
(To:remy)

I am not sure, but this sounds like a good explanation. I will see if I can have IT take a look to fix it. Thank you for your input.

VC_9931252
4-Participant

@JiffiPop 

How did you resolve this issue?. 

I see you have marked this as Solved. Could you post your solution?

Sarvesh_B
13-Aquamarine

Hi @JiffiPop ,

I don't know whether this issue has been resolved or not.

But, I found this article CS376590 which might help you.

This issue was already reported to PTC and it has been fixed in Creo Parametric 9.0.3.0. This issue is specific to a few machines or users and not possible to reproduce for everyone.

Thanks & Regards,

Sarvesh

I noticed it in a recent Win 11 update, and yes, my Creo 9.0.4.0 doesn't have this issue. I know 2.0 is far out of support, but I'm trapped in a colleague-version-lag bubble.

Top Tags