cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Creating Constraints

RR_10572109
4-Participant

Creating Constraints

Hi Is there anyone  to answer mine?

I am facing an issue while assembling multiple sub assemblies.After gave a constrain to one sub assembly to another one. when i came out from edit definition assembly will goes to fixed position but we have one more degree of freedom. If i gave mate with any other, the sub assembly is not moving with respect to that one. 

How to solve this issue? any one answer............!!!

Thankyou.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:RR_10572109)

Another thing to check is that the "Allow assumptions" box is not checked. This could cause the part to be totally constrained when you have not constrained all degrees of freedom. Here I have a cylindrical constraint and a planer constraint, but it doesn't matter if the part rotates within the cylinder.

Dale_Rosema_0-1684928882649.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenW
23-Emerald II

You will either have to share your model (or a simplified model) with the problem  (zip and attach to a reply) or show pictures (copy and paste images in a reply) of your problem with an explanation of what mates you are using and what you are expecting to happen 

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Another thing to check is that the "Allow assumptions" box is not checked. This could cause the part to be totally constrained when you have not constrained all degrees of freedom. Here I have a cylindrical constraint and a planer constraint, but it doesn't matter if the part rotates within the cylinder.

Dale_Rosema_0-1684928882649.png

Top Tags