cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Creo 10 Flat Pattern a sheet metal Blend part that does not have constant radius.

DerrickVanNieke
4-Participant

Creo 10 Flat Pattern a sheet metal Blend part that does not have constant radius.

Hi all, I have been searching the forum, and could not find the same issue, similar, but not same.

This is a straight forward part that I am trying to get flat, any ideas how to do it? I used a blend to make it, if there is a different way to make it please point me in that direction?

I did try flatten quilt, but the measurements are off for sure. 

any help would be greatly apprecaited!

DerrickVanNieke_0-1709027327683.png

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

When I've had to make these types of things, for parts with complex curvature, I make the flat pattern as follows:

(1) Make an offset surface to the middle of the part thickness.

(2) Use flatten quilt on that mid surface to create the flat pattern shape.

(3) Make a solid feature with the flat surface with the necessary thickness.

It's not a sheet metal part, and people will say it's not completely 100% accurate, but it has worked okay for me.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I can't open Creo 10 files.

I suspect your surface is not-developable. 

https://community.ptc.com/t5/3D-Part-Assembly-Design/Flat-Pattern-of-partial-cone/m-p/646988

Hi Stephen, thanks for replying, it seems non-developable in CREO perhaps, but I mean this is a very real word scenario. do you perhaps have an idea of how it would be done in a real world scenario. there has to be a way he he, must just figure it out?

maybe someone knows the correct way to make a part like this?

thanks for the reply, 

Derrick

When I've had to make these types of things, for parts with complex curvature, I make the flat pattern as follows:

(1) Make an offset surface to the middle of the part thickness.

(2) Use flatten quilt on that mid surface to create the flat pattern shape.

(3) Make a solid feature with the flat surface with the necessary thickness.

It's not a sheet metal part, and people will say it's not completely 100% accurate, but it has worked okay for me.

I'm gonna try this thanks for taking the time, I hope this is a solution he he, will know by tonight.

thanks

Derrick

Top Tags