cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Creo 10 "auto refit" in large .asm when creating first feature

trailFileFnatic
9-Granite

Creo 10 "auto refit" in large .asm when creating first feature

Version: Creo 10.0.1.0

Problem:
I am working on a large .asm > create new empty part > activate this .prt in .asm > create a first feature (sketch, extrude, anything) > click on OK in the sketch > and creo zooms out (the larger the .asm is, the further creo zooms away).

This behaviour occurs ONLY for the first feature in a new activated part. Once the .prt has any feature, creo does't do a "auto refit" when exiting the next feature sketch with Ok.

Did anyone ever encounter that problem? I asked my reseller (and PTC), but nobody can replicate this type of behaviour. I tested it here in the company I am working and it is the same problem on every CAD workstation. I started Creo vanilla, without any setting and still the beviour occurs.

Here are some screens. I created a large .asm (75m x 75m) by pattern a random testpart:

creoautorefitzoom_1001.PNG

Active a new empty part and create a sketch:

creoautorefitzoom_1002.PNG

As soon as I hit "OK" in the first sketch, Creo zooms out. So far, I can't even see the .asm on my screen anymore:
creoautorefitzoom_1003.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Just to close this topic, here is my workaround: I added a sketch to my startparts with a single point. Put that sketch on a hidden layer. This empty sketch in the startpart is preventing the "jump-zoom" when creating new parts in assemblies.

I still hope, that PTC fixes this bug in future releases.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

That's the Creo Confusion option. I comes as a standard feature and you don't even have to pay extra for it!!

I'm on Creo 6. I don't see the same but it does re-zoom to fit the entire assembly upon completion of the sketch (or extrude).

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:StephenW)

This is related to the auto-scale of the first sketch feature in Creo 9. I just completed the same steps in Creo 9 though and didn't get that result. I would open a ticket with PTC and submit your example parts.

I also have that feature.  I wish it was a paid feature because I would not buy it. 

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:aputman)

Our users like that feature. I don't know if it will fix this issue in Creo 10 but it can be turned off

sketcher_auto_scale_dimensions no

I had a different situation in mind where the model zooms on me when I don't want it to.  I can't think of what it is at the moment...guess I have learned to deal with it.  But there is a config option for the behavior described above.  The fact that it zooms to such a large scale doesn't make sense unless something is located way out there that is setting the bounds for the autofit. 

sketcher_refit_after_dim_modify  -  Refits section after dimension modification in 2D section or when creating the first feature. 

Thanks for the replies. I tried the config options but none of them solved the problem.

Though I am confused. As far as I know this behaviour "first-feature-assembly-auto-scale" is a bug, caused by graphic card driver or config setting or API setting...or something else.

I was hoping someone else had to deal with the problem and found a solution. Already asked my reseller, but they don't know what could cause this refit behaviour, nor where they able to replicate it. I just want Creo to "stand still" while I am working and not zoom out, in or anything.

You need to log a ticket with PTC not your reseller.

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/portal/ 
click OPEN A SUPPORT CASE

Just to close this topic, here is my workaround: I added a sketch to my startparts with a single point. Put that sketch on a hidden layer. This empty sketch in the startpart is preventing the "jump-zoom" when creating new parts in assemblies.

I still hope, that PTC fixes this bug in future releases.

Top Tags