cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Creo 8.0.5.0 crashing when trying to use the "Table" tab

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Creo 8.0.5.0 crashing when trying to use the "Table" tab

I'm getting consistent crashing when even just hovering over any part of the "Table" tab.  TOTALLY unacceptable.  Our standard config.pro does not have the "draw_models_read_only yes" option, though my personal config.pro does.  Doesn't matter, it crashes on my PC regardless of if I load my config.pro or not, and I can repeat that crashing on several other PC's here regardless of whatever config.pro is loaded.

Yes, I posted in the other thread, and no, as outlined above the config.pro option doesn't help.

Anyone else seeing this?

10 REPLIES 10

@Patriot_1776 wrote:

I'm getting consistent crashing when even just hovering over any part of the "Table" tab.  TOTALLY unacceptable.  Our standard config.pro does not have the "draw_models_read_only yes" option, though my personal config.pro does.  Doesn't matter, it crashes on my PC regardless of if I load my config.pro or not, and I can repeat that crashing on several other PC's here regardless of whatever config.pro is loaded.

Yes, I posted in the other thread, and no, as outlined above the config.pro option doesn't help.

Anyone else seeing this?

Hi,

if you add following option into config.pro temporarily then you will see whether the problem is related to graphic card drivers.

graphics  win32_gdi

Martin Hanák

For our systems we're using "graphics opengl" on both machines that are having issues and machines that are NOT having issues.  What does "win32_gdi" do differently?

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Patriot_1776)

graphics  win32_gdi turns off the graphics card. That way you can see it is a graphics issue. It's always a good test to run when having unexpected problems.

It your system doesn't crash with this option, then your problem is likely a graphics driver issue.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:StephenW)

'Morning Steve!  Interesting, I'll give it a shot and see.  Not sure it's a graphics issue as it ONLY crashes when I hover over anything in the "Table" tab, that's really specific and to me at least, indicates a bug.  Also, all the systems are running "opengl" if I remember, even those that don't crash.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Patriot_1776)

Graphics issues cause highly unexpected problems. Systems that may seem exactly the same may have update variations that cause glitches. Make sure you restart Creo after adding the graphics  win32_gdi  option. If the problem goes away with this option enabled, its a graphics issue, likely a driver needs to be updated or downgraded, whichever works.  If it doesn't solve the problem, then you will probably need to open a support case with PTC.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:StephenW)

I just tried it, and it made Creo crash even FASTER.

Looks like PTC is going to need to fix their BUG.

I have seen similar issues that were fixed by removing/renaming the users creo_parametric_customization.ui and then restarting Creo Parametric.

One thing to note:  ONLY in the "Table" tab are the command mini-tabs (sub-tabs?) compressed, when I try and UN-minimize them is when it crashes.  It also crashes sometimes when I'm just hovering over these mini-tabs

Ok, I was going into the Task Manager and saw multiple copies of Creo running somehow.  I did a re-start on the PC and it SEEMS to have fixed the issue (only 1 copy of Creo running).  So, maybe Creo isn't exiting clean when you shut it down at the end of the day and you unknowingly you have several copies running in the background?  So far my PC is working ok after the restart, I'll look at the 2 other PC's that had the same issue tomorrow and see what's going on with them.

Well, the only thing that seems to work is NOT minimizing the ribbon.  So, sadly, I set my .ui file like that so now that stupid MS-type ribbon wastes a bunch of otherwise usable screen space.  Nice...

Top Tags