cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Creo 9 Model Tree: Expand/Collapse all behavious

Fianna
11-Garnet

Creo 9 Model Tree: Expand/Collapse all behavious

Hi All, 

I've recently started using Creo Parametric 9.0.1.0 and am getting to grips with the new model tree. 

I'm working in a fairly large assembly, around 1800 lines in the BoM report 
It appears that when I expand all, it hangs for a looong time while it expands the model tree. Annoying, but fair enough given that it has got a lot of stuff to expand. 

When I collapse all, I get just the top level assembly icon at the top followed by a blank tree. Weird, but again fair enough. 

However the little grey arrow to expand/collapse the top level is then gone, so I can no longer expand the top level and start digging down into the structure, the only option is to expand all and have a model tree a million miles long again. 

I've discovered a workaround in writing this; if I click a part in the viewport and find it in the tree, creo expands the tree down to the level of that part, and the grey arrows appear again so I can fairly quickly collapse it back to a sensible level. 

Am I doing it wrong or is it behaving like this for others?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I think you can just double click the top level item again to expand the tree again. Can you try that?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I think you can just double click the top level item again to expand the tree again. Can you try that?

Yeaaaaah buddy that's working, great thank you! 
Has it always been like that? I'm not sure I've ever double clicked anything in Creo let alone the model tree, I've got the long RMB burned into my reflexes! 

It's that way in the version I'm using currently (7.0.10.0). I think I remember this also being the case in Creo 3 but it's been a while lol. Double clicking isn't something you do a ton in Creo but it's used a bit in the model tree. For example, you can resize columns by double clicking on the divider.. kinda like Excel. We used to have a mapkey to do this because you couldn't control the width of the first column in the tree config. I'm going to miss tree configs when we go to 9 ☹️.

Top Tags