cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Creo Cabling bundle multiple harnesses create flat

AH_10565398
5-Regular Member

Creo Cabling bundle multiple harnesses create flat

Is there a way in creo cabling to bundle several harnesses together and still be able to generate the flats for each harness?  We have four harnesses, and are putting sleeving on the common routes and want it to be shown in the model.

I tried making a harness with four subharnesses, but the flat doesn't generate properly with a shared bundle.

If you need more info, let me know.

Thanks!

CREO 9 // Creo Schematics 4

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Lars_F
12-Amethyst
(To:AH_10565398)

Hi,

I tried to bundle several cables also and so far I failed to do it also. Perhaps some more experienced user knows whether it is at all possible.

As a workaround...

• It seems that you can use tape or branch tape and still flatten the subharnesses individually. 
  • If I want to bundle several cables with one wrap (e.g. Essentra Slit Harness Wrap, I first model the cables with individual part names but with shared network. After routing the cables I add a separate part, a sweep, that follows the network. This part will be the harness wrap.

Lars_F_0-1695966661333.png

br,

Lars

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Lars_F
12-Amethyst
(To:AH_10565398)

Hi,

I tried to bundle several cables also and so far I failed to do it also. Perhaps some more experienced user knows whether it is at all possible.

As a workaround...

• It seems that you can use tape or branch tape and still flatten the subharnesses individually. 
  • If I want to bundle several cables with one wrap (e.g. Essentra Slit Harness Wrap, I first model the cables with individual part names but with shared network. After routing the cables I add a separate part, a sweep, that follows the network. This part will be the harness wrap.

Lars_F_0-1695966661333.png

br,

Lars

AH_10565398
5-Regular Member
(To:Lars_F)

Thanks for looking into it.  I was hoping to avoid using workaround, but if it's the only way, it is what it is.

Top Tags