cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Creo Elements file export/import to Creo ProE

jstamwitz
1-Newbie

Creo Elements file export/import to Creo ProE

First time user of Creo Elements. I made  the "lego" block, but when I exported the file to open in PTC/Creo ProE by an engineer, he could do nothing with it. Add dimensions, edit the shape, nothing. There are only a few file formats. Did I save it incorrectly? Example, all Adobe products can open any Adobe file. You guys don't work the same way it seams. How should I be saving files? Attempting to help the engineers by building simple parts, so they don't have to. They can just import part(s).

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

I suppose you created the "lego" block in Creo Elements/Direct. This software creates different data architecture than Creo Parametric. Therefore you cannot edit the "lego" block in Creo Parametric the same way as in Creo Elements/Direct.

MH

Martin Hanák

Yes, I did use the elements/direct. It's upsetting to read that Creo products can't share files well. It really cuts down on the ability for contributors to work together, since they all have to have the exact same program. It should be better stated on the web page that the Creo products do not work together.

PeterKehoe
5-Regular Member
(To:jstamwitz)

Creo Elements/Direct Modeling is derived from CoCreate Modeling, which PTC acquired. Because it was initially developed independently from Pro/Engineer (which is now Creo Parametric), their native files are not compatible with each other. However, PTC did provide a mechanism to exchange data between the programs when they brought each into the "Creo" application suite. So, to get back to your question, you should be saving files from Creo Elements/Direct Modeling using the "Creo Parametric/Direct Neutral (*.neu*)" File Type if you need to save a file for a Creo Parametric user to use.

PTC does have a different product, Creo Direct. That program can exchange data with Creo Parametric using native files (no translations). However, because Creo Direct is so new, it's current capabilities do not match what Creo Elements/Direct Modeling can do.

Top Tags