cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Creo Parametric 3.0: Swept blend fails to regenerate

pranjan2
4-Participant

Creo Parametric 3.0: Swept blend fails to regenerate

Hello

I am trying to construct geometries for different wing configurations using swept blend on a defined trajectory. While this method works for some of the wing configurations I have, for some of the designs ( file attached herewith ), after 24 odd sections, the adding 25th section along the span causes a failed regenration. All the wing sections exactly the same ( rectangular wing ).

My steps are as follows : select slpine > add points ( 42 points in total ) > select spline > swept blend > sections > insert > select point > sketch > File > wing_section.sec > rotate > scale > parallel & perpendicular corrections > ok.

These steps seem to work for all the sections but sections 25 and above. 

The parallel and perpendicular factors are : 0.001408 and 0.15378. The local incidence for the wing sectio is -3.02 degrees. 

I am not sure what is going on here. 

The CAD files are attached herewith. 

Thank you in advance 

1 REPLY 1

Your file is the educational version so commercial version users cannot see your file.

It takes very little to mess up a sweep or a blend, so both will be even more sensitive.

Simple questions include:

Is the section string start/stop in the right location?

Is the section in the right part of the section list?

Are you loosing or re-assinging other references in making the modifications (internal)?

One of the problems with sweep in general is loosing its path.  If the path has choices or crosses, it may be toggling end for end and choosing different paths (learned this a while back and continues to plague me in Creo 3).

These are bugs that get very little attention at PTC unless you can show it consistently failing.  And even then, it may be a core Creo issue that "can't be touched" and will never be corrected due to the limited use-case or the risk of breaking other things.

Alternatively, you could opt for boundary blends.  They are a little easier to manage but still require some level of patience.

Top Tags