cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Creo Schematics 1.0 Lite Routing Problem

ptc-4639323
1-Newbie

Creo Schematics 1.0 Lite Routing Problem

I am new to Creo software and have been given the task of recreating some wiring diagrams used for assembly in Creo Schematics. The entry is manual and I am using the minimum "smarts" just to make the diagrams look good. Everything is coming together nicely but when I route fibers the route command seems to have a mind of its own and completes the connections in a less than desirable appearance. I have to terminate routes to attain halfway decent looking lines -- which isn't the right way to do it. How can I control how fibers are routed in Creo Schematics so I don't waste so much time on aesthetics?

Thanks

Linda

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Linda...

Can you take a snapshot of the screen to show us what you mean? There are several tools available to control the way fibers route. Underlying Creo Schematics is an entire 2D drafting package with all the available tools you'd expect from such a package. You can grab portions of routes "in the middle" and drag them while keeping the ends intact. You can also use a host of other options to control and modify fiber paths. It might help to see what you're up against. Then we can probably suggest the correct tool(s) or options to help you.

Best regards,

-Brian

Hi Linda,

Are you aware that you can click to define intermediate 'waypoints' when routing fibers? The routing algorithm doesn't always pass through the points themselves but it can be useful to provide hints to the system where you want the fibers to go...

With a bit of practise it can really help with the routing of fibers.

Regards,

Martin

Thanks! Shortly after I posted my question I found a small note in the Getting Started Tutorial about fiber routing that pointed me in the right direction. All is well now.

Linda

Top Tags