cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Creo2: save a jpg and render output

MGortner
1-Newbie

Creo2: save a jpg and render output

Hello,

I'm trying to export a high resolution screenshot from Creo2 and I'm having two issues with the available options.

1. "Save a copy" is giving me a completely black image whether I save in jpg, tif, or pdf. I'm not sure if it's a video card issue.

2. Render output is too small. I'm rendering to a "new window" but I can't find a way to get an image larger than 1920x1035

Any ideas around either of these issues?

Thanks,
Matt

Matt Gortner | Mechanical Engineer
CHASEDESIGN, LLC

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Matt,

At the bottom of the Render Setup window where you choose JPG as the output option, you should the Image size option. If you pick Custom from the pull down list, you should be able to enter the width and height you need for your image.

I always render in Maximum Quality and normally turn off the Render Room but leave all reflections on. We always render out in TIFF format because the quality is better and you can control the DPI as needed. We later conver the TIFF into a JPG file. TIFF format makes is easier for us to optimize the image in Photoshop.

There is a bug in Creo 2.0 M010 and M020 where the DPI setting does not actually change the output of your render. I opened a case for this and PTC was able to reproduce it on their end. They said a fix will be coming but I am not sure what build it's targeted for.

Try the custom option under Image size and see if that helps.

"Too many people walk around like Clark Kent, because they don't realize they can Fly like Superman"

Damian, thanks.

I tried the custom option under image size but when outputing to a new window or to a jpeg, the max resolution is 1920x1035. If you type in something larger, it defaults to these numbers.

Thanks to your suggestion, I played around a little more and found that rendering directly to a TIFF (and not to a new window), I can increase the DPI and Resolution.

Top Tags