cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Criticism of the Creo 3 Appearances Manager

David_M
5-Regular Member

Criticism of the Creo 3 Appearances Manager

Compared to WF5, it is more effort to see the differences between colours. Does anyone know of a way to change it to how it used to be?

ScreenShot245.jpg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DavorGranic
14-Alexandrite
(To:David_M)

Not sure why you see appearances like that.

Here is what my Creo3 looks like.

1.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
DavorGranic
14-Alexandrite

Not sure why you see appearances like that.

Here is what my Creo3 looks like.

1.png

David_M
5-Regular Member
(To:DavorGranic)

Thanks Davor. I guess Creo 3 may use a graphics API that my graphcis card doesn't support.

ckeller
11-Garnet

Actually that is not the case.  In Creo 3.0 there are a few parameters that are ignored in the realistic appearance model.  I have already submitted a ticket regarding the appearance manage problem.  And it is a problem for anyone that uses custom appearances.  Default appearances are very different from each other so that image from Davor Granic‌ shared is just the default appearances and does not represent similar colors with different "shine"

Please review my post about the broken behavior of realtime appearances in Creo 3.

Creo 3.0 Appearances Broken?

PTC is aware and has accepted an SPR.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/spr.jsp?n=4675133

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/spr.jsp?n=4675126

I believe there is also an SPR referring to the exact issue of having 2 very different appeanaces look nearly identical in the appearances manager, but I don't have the info on that one.

I was told that they recognize the issue and are working on a fix.

- the more people that recognize the issue, the more likely this will be prioritized higher

David_M
5-Regular Member

This was solved by updating the graphics driver. Mine is now the same as Davor's.

I still prefer the old look though as it has better representation of how each colour looks when applied to the model.

ckeller
11-Garnet

Ahh yes I see you actually had a driver issue.  I did not realize the side-by-side.  However I do encourage you to review my post regarding the new shading.  It will explain some issues with the new appearance representation that were not completely obvious at first.  Im glad the driver update fixed the materials to at least look like PTC expects them to in Creo 3.

This is exactly the issue I raised a short while ago. It is not a graphics driver problem. I can reproduce this on any machine, desktop, laptop... all with different graphics cards and drivers.

PTC! Please fix this ASAP!!!

Top Tags