cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Cross section will not update

TractorGuy
12-Amethyst

Cross section will not update

I know this issue existed back in Creo 2.0 because I've used the recommended work arounds in CS193596 to get a cross section to update. However, it appears to be broken worse in Creo 7.0. I have spent all morning trying to get a harness created with cabling to show up in the cross section but absolutely nothing works. I have tried creating new sections and new views in the drawing but nothing updates.

Anyone have any recommendations on how to get the harness to show up in the cross section? 

2 REPLIES 2
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:TractorGuy)

I supposed my first question would be...other than the harness, does the section update as expected? If you've added a bolt, is it shown? Could be tested if your not sure.

Is the harness created using surface models or solids or just the thick centerline shown?

Check layers in the drawing to make sure something wasn't turned off unexpectedly. (unhide them all temporarily to check, regen the sheets, verify) After you are finished testing, go back to "reset status" on the layers to get them back like the were or if it solves the problem, save status or figure out which specific layer is the culprit.

If its solid, well, maybe just make sure the section is correctly positioned so the harness would be seen, I can't think of anything other the layers for solids.

For surface, well, usually the surfaces show thru everything, instead of not showing at all. So, it's more back to layers.

I'm not completely sure how the centerline version shows on drawings.

Maybe there is a tidbit of something helpful in my ramblings

Yes, other parts will update but not the harness. The harness was created with cabling and the portion outside of the section shows up correctly in the drawing, Everything shows up correctly in the model.

Other things I have tried included resetting/unhiding all of the layers, creating a new drawing, changing settings for include/exclude quilts, and completely deleting all of the sections/views and creating everything from scratch. Still doesn't show the harness correctly.

Top Tags