cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Custom Critical Symbol

PaulMailloux
1-Newbie

Custom Critical Symbol

Hello Gurus

Version: WF5 M080 (Creo Elements/Pro)

I have a challenge to modify or add another predefined Inspection symbol (see pic below) as we want to have another shape for a specific type of critical dim.

Does anyone know of a way to modify or add to the dimension symbol choices in this dialog below?

Some other options that I can see but not sure which is best:

· Create a custom symbol: I realize I could simply create a new symbol but I don't like how I can't resize the symbol in only one direction (unless I am missing something here). So as I place the symbol and resize it to surround my dimension, which varies in length, the overall symbol increases in both the X and Y direction making this symbol inconsistent in size throughout my drawing.

o Pro è quick and easy to create

o Con è not quick and easy to use, must relate to dimension, resizing is not possible in just the X direction

o Also Nothing is easier than simply selecting another choice in the dialog above to add a new symbol to my dimension which automatically resizes to fit the dimension/prefix/suffix like the current Inspection choice.

· Create a custom ProE Font???:

o Would it make sense to create a custom font that would add horizontal bars above and below each letter and number so as to more or less capture the dimension in a box. From there I could add a prefix and suffix to complete the ends of the box... ouch, sounds like a lot of work but once the font is created, a simple mapkey could change out the font and add the prefixes and suffixes automatically

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am feeling that I will have to live with a custom symbol but figured I would throw the question out there.

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mailloux

Cad/Cam Applications Engineer

NyproMold Inc

144 Pleasant Street

Clinton MA 01510

Phone: (978) 368 - 4598

Fax: (978) 365 - 4548

www.NyproMold.com
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags