cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Customisation.ui file for Creo 2 M050

nhanratty
2-Guest

Customisation.ui file for Creo 2 M050

All

I'm having some difficulty saving changes that I make to thecreo_parametric_admin_customization.ui file for our users.

I start a clean session of Creo 2 where the only ui file used is the one stored in the 'text' folder of the Creo 2 install location, i.e. there is no ui file in either my default working directory or in the 'C:\Users\Neal.Hanratty\AppData\Roaming\PTC\ProENGINEER\Wildfire\.wf\.Settings' folder

If I edit the ribbon interface, add a couple of icons etc. and then export the new ui file to the Creo 2 install\text folder it's size drops from 45 kb to 2-3 kb and all of my original modifications are no longer there.

Any body come across this? Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Ideally I would just like to have each user have acreo_parametric_admin_customization.ui in their text folder and nothing else. Is this possible now with Creo?

We don't use Windchill but do use a bespoke PLM solution.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Neal

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

I always save it to my working directory before moving it into the /text folder. Never had any issues doing it that way.

The best way I've found to handle this is as follows:

Make sure you have this config option:
load_ui_customization_run_dir yes

In my startup script I do the following: (This script is specifically for editing the ribbon file.)

1. Delete the ribbon file in the local cache:

a. del "%USERPROFILE%\pro\Creo_2_home\cache\no_pdm_cache\PTC\ProENGINEER\.Settings\creo_parametric_customization.ui"

2. Delete the ribbon file in the load point:

a. Del "C:\ptc\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M060\text\creo_parametric_admin_customization.ui"

3. Move any existing ribbon file in the run directory to a different location:

a. Move "%USERPROFILE%\Creo_2_home\creo_parametric_customization.ui" "%USERPROFILE%\pro\Creo_2_home\configs\creo_parametric_customization.ui"

4. Copy the admin ribbon file to the run directory: (Notice I change the name)

a. echo f|xcopy "P:\Creo 2.0\sys_configs\creo_parametric_admin_customization.ui" "%USERPROFILE%\pro\Creo_2_home\creo_parametric_customization.ui" /y /r

5. Delete the server registration information:

a. del "%USERPROFILE%\pro\creo_2_home\cache\no_pdm_cache\PTC\ProENGINEER\.wfwsi2008

b. del "%USERPROFILE%\pro\creo_2_home\cache\no_pdm_cache\PTC\ProENGINEER\.Settings\active_server_config.fld

c. del "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\PTC\Creo\Platform\2.19\agent\ServerMgr\.srv_mgr_db.fldx"

6. Make sure I'm using the latest config file:

a. attrib -R "C:\ptc\Creo 2.0\Common Files\ M060\text\config.pro"

b. attrib -R "C:\ptc\Creo 2.0\Common Files\ M060\text\config.sup"

c. echo y|copy "P:\Creo 2.0\sys_configs\config.pro" "C:\ptc\Creo 2.0\Common Files\ M060\text\config.pro"

d. echo y|copy "P:\Creo 2.0\sys_configs\config.sup" "C:\ptc\Creo 2.0\Common Files\ M060\text\config.sup"

e. attrib +R "C:\ptc\Creo 2.0\Common Files\ M060\text\config.pro"

f. attrib +R "C:\ptc\Creo 2.0\Common Files\ M060\text\config.sup"

7. Set the cache location:

a. set PTC_WF_ROOT=%USERPROFILE%\pro\creo_2_home\cache\no_pdm_cache\PTC\ProENGINEER

8. Then start up Creo:

a. start "m060" "C:\ptc\Creo 2.0\Parametric\bin\parametric.exe"

This ensures that you are only using one ribbon file from your run directory, so all changes will get saved to it.
Go to File, Help, System information to see which files were loaded
* Should only be one ribbon file

Make your changes and then copy the ribbon file from your run directory up to your server location, and change the name so it has "admin_" in it.

I set the run directory in the shortcut to this script. (The "Start in:" field)
[cid:image001.png@01CE934E.200D2E70]

Personally I do all my editing when connected to a different cache file than I use for production work.

David Haigh

Remember to add & seta config.pro file option:

load_ui_customization_run_dir to yes

and always put in your startup working directory to get the desired effects.

Essentially, make all customizations, export to working directory, modify & save config.pro and on next startup you will see all your hard work has taken effect.

Jason

Thanks to all for your suggestions...ended up it was a quirk with our bespoke PLM system.

But one further question...I assume once a .ui file has been created on a PC it can be copied to other PCs and should work in the same way?

Absolutely

Mike Brattoli
Moen Incorporated
Global Product Development Process Management
Administrator - PLM
25300 Al Moen Drive
North Olmsted, OH 44070
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:nhanratty)

The key words were: assume and should!

With PTC products anything that can go wrong will go wrong at some time.

And it isn't even Friday, yet! Bring on the weekend early.
Top Tags