cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

DEFAULT_CALLOUT_FORMAT_DATA

dveljkovic
6-Contributor

As soon as I add "DEFAULT_CALLOUT_FORMAT_DATA" to the ISO.hol file, Creo 5.0.6 does not open that file and is not visible in hole dialog. I do not add anything else. Anyone knows why this is happening?

7 REPLIES 7

@dveljkovic wrote:

As soon as I add "DEFAULT_CALLOUT_FORMAT_DATA" to the ISO.hol file, Creo 5.0.6 does not open that file and is not visible in hole dialog. I do not add anything else. Anyone knows why this is happening?

Hi,

did you read http://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/usascii/index.html#page/part_modeling/part_modeling/part_nine_sub/Formatting_Thread_Notes.html page ?

Please upload your ISO.hol file.

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin.

Yes, I did. And everything started from there. I made file like what it says in mentioned link but I got into problem hol_1 file not showing up. At first, I though because I use Notepad++ and CR = Carriage Return and LF = Line Feed and how Creo reads text file (in this case hol file) is where the problem lies, but it is not.

Then I realised that as soon as I add DEFAULT_CALLOUT_FORMAT_DATA Creo does not show it in hole dialog. I did the same for ISO.hol and same happened.

I'm not sure this is the issue, but in your sample file, the table that defines the callouts is missing.

The line DEFAULT_CALLOUT_FORMAT_DATA should be followed by callout specifications.

You can specify a different callout depending on hole configuration.

Can you load in the hole table if you modify your example ISO_1.hol and add these 2 lines:

HOLE_TYPE  THREAD DRILLED_DEPTH THREAD_DEPTH CSINK CBORE EXIT_CSINK CALLOUT_FORMAT
TAPPED     YES    NA            NA           NO    NO    NO         &DIAMETER[.3]

(also, I think reloading .hol files requires Creo restart)

dveljkovic
6-Contributor
(To:pausob)

I had the whole list below DEFAULT_CALLOUT_FORMAT_DATA and that's where issue started. Then, I put only DEFAULT_CALLOUT_FORMAT_DATA to test it and issue was there. I wasted 5 hours to solve this issue to no available. I was restarting Creo everytime. I attached original file I made first.

Ok, I had another look.

I tried your file and it wasn't showing up on my lists either.

I thought it's maybe in your headers as they look different in my system.  So I changed your header to this:

TABLE_DATA
PRO_VERSION      24
THREAD_NAME      VAN_ISO
THREAD_SERIES    VAN_ISO
CLASS            H
TABLE_UNITS      metric 
DEPTH_RATIO      1.25
CALLOUT_FORMAT   CALLOUT NOT DEFINED - EXAMINE FILE VAN_ISO.HOL

THREAD_DATA

This still didn't work.

So I looked at your DEFAULT_CALLOUT_FORMAT_DATA table again and erased the whole thing and "cleaned up" the first line:

HOLE_TYPE  THREAD  DRILLED_DEPTH  THREAD_DEPTH  CSINK  CBORE  EXIT_CSINK  CALLOUT_FORMAT
TAPPED     YES     VAR            VAR           NO     NO     NO          &PATTERN_NO{0:X} &FASTENER_ID x &THREAD <CTRL-a>x<CTRL-b> &THREAD_DEPTH / TAP DRILL &DRILL_DEPTH

Note that data is lined up to the header row using spaces (no tabs)

This 2nd change made it show up.

dveljkovic
6-Contributor

Thank you for the help. I will try to do like you proposed now. But I remember aligning everything ...

dveljkovic
6-Contributor

It works now. Thank you all for the help! I attached working file. I guess THREAD_SERIES and CLASS must have hole file name, in this case it is ISO100.

Top Tags